Piña Colada Sorbet
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits in juice, drain and reserve juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 5 cups milk (can use 10 tablespoons instant dry milk powder + 4 1/2 cup water)
- Sugar-free sweetener (liquid stevia and/or xylitol)
- Optional: shredded sugar-free coconut, macadamia nuts
Mix pineapple juice, coconut milk and milk whisking until blended. Dry milk works just fine in this recipe and tastes great. Add sweetener until it tastes sweet enough to your taste. We used 3 tablespoons of xylitol and 3 “squirts” of liquid stevia. (Remember, when things are hot or cold, they taste less sweet than at room temperature, so make it sweet enough.) Pour into an ice cream freezer and churn. This recipe fits the 2 quart Cuisinart ice cream maker perfectly. When slushy, add pineapple tidbits. Churn until firm, about 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and macadamia nuts.