Sometimes, you just want a brownie!
In spite of being sugar-free—and trying to use fresh fruit for the sweets in my diet—there are moments when a brownie is just right. This one has lots of wholesome ingredients in it. Next time, I am going to try adding flaxseed too. Sweet and chocolately!
- 7/8 cup whole wheat flour (freshly ground soft wheat is best)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup xylitol (or 1/2 cup white sugar + 1/4 cup brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened or melted (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
Combine all ingredients together, kneading with your hands to mix. It will seem quite dry. Pat into one huge cookie on a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes until set and firm on the edges. Let cool. Satisfies 4-6 sweet-tooth cookie monsters!